- Develop a “workaholic” attitude. This is the 40+ formula: you work 40 hours a week for survival and everything after that for success–every hour over 40 is an investment in your future (the average millionaire works 59 hours a week).Don’t waste your work time. Make each hour count.
- Work with a goal in mind. What would you do with your time if you had all the money you wanted? Spend time with family? Do charitable work? Travel the world? Your answer to this question will tell you what you really want to do with your life. Let these life goals drive you to succeed.
- Do first things first. Make a to-do list. Set priorities on each activity, focus on the highest priority first, and work on it till it is done. Ask yourself “what is the best use of my time right now?” and then do it. This is the habit of high performance.
- Practice self-discipline. Do what you should do when you should do it even if you don’t feel like it. Delay gratification for long-term benefit–successful people do the things they don’t like to do when failures don’t do them. Remember: work 5 years like other people are afraid to, so you can live the rest of your life like other people only dream of.
- Develop a long-time perspective. Plan 3~5 years in the future and be calm in short-term fluctuations. Expect ups and downs and be ready for them. Expect a crisis every 2~3 months with problems sprinkled liberally throughout. How do you respond to difficulty? Circumstances don’t make the man–it reveals the man. How you respond to difficulty is the only thing you can control.
- Dedicate yourself to lifelong learning. To earn more you must learn more. Read in your field 30~60 minutes a day, listen to audio programs while driving or doing mindless work, take courses and seminars.
- Dedicate yourself to serving others. Success is determined by doing more than what is expected–there are never any traffic jams on the extra mile. You are paid in exact proportion to the value you bring to society. If you want to make more money, create more value for the people you serve.
- Get around the right people. Your network = your net worth. You will tend to be like the people you spend time around. Build a network of quality people–find those you want to be like, get involved, help those people, be a go-giver instead of a go-getter. If you want to soar with the eagles, you can’t hang out with the turkeys!
- Never consider the possibility of failure. Failure makes you stronger–fear of failure is what will hold you back. Take calculated risks in the direction of your goals. What is the worst that could happen? Make a habit of doing the things you fear. Act boldly, and the fear will leave you. Back everything you do with persistence and determination. Resolve today to never give up. Success is predictable
Now i would like to share with you something that could truly turn your life around.
Get more details